Ballet Meets Broadway 2018
Burlington Township Performing Arts Center
Burlington Township High School
610 FOUNTAIN AVENUE
BURLINGTON, NEW JERSEY 08016
Friday, June 15, 2017
Saturday, June 16, 2017
Wednesday June 13th and Thursday June 14th
Picture Day: June 2nd
Picture Day Makeup: June 4th
Please make sure all headpieces are properly secured.
- The big ballet will rehearse during both dress rehearsals.
- Absolutely no food or drink is allowed in the auditorium at any time.
- No videos or photos allowed in the auditorium at any time.
- During the performances, volunteer chaperones will be backstage in all rooms and will take care of the dancers and prepare them for the numbers so you can enjoy the show. During rehearsals, this is the parent’s responsibility.
- Kindly keep quiet in the auditorium, including cell phone calls and opening wrappers.
- Dancers are welcome to stay and watch the numbers, as long as they’re supervised.
- The dress rehearsal schedule is completely different from the show lineup.
- Every dancer is expected to attend performances as scheduled.
- Please arrive 45 minutes early.
- Please stay until the Grande Finale has ended.
- Hair and makeup requirements need to be followed.
- During the performances, volunteer chaperones will be backstage in all rooms. Their responsibility is to take care of the dancers and prepare them for the numbers. Chaperones will arrange fun group activities.
- No one is permitted backstage at any time, unless you are a volunteer chaperone at the same performance. This ensures the safety of our children.
- Parents should drop off and pick up their dancers to the assigned chaperone. More information will be available regarding chaperones, dancers’ safety, and parents.
- Items will be available for sale at each performance.
- All children are to wear their hair in a secured bun located on top of the head at the back. The hair may be braided and made into the bun if you choose. You must have many hairnets.
- Lots of mousse and hair spray is required to insure no wispy or fly away ends.
- The bun should be secured with lots of bobby pins/hair pins and multiple hair nets so that there are no stray ends. The hair and the bun should not move during the entire show when removing and replacing headpieces.
- All headpieces must be secured with bobby pins/hair pins, barrettes and/or hair clips.
- No bangs permitted.
- Bright red lipstick unless the costume includes pink… then bright pink lipstick.
**younger dancers may choose to wear lighter colors but keep in mind that our stage lighting is professional**
No shiny, glossy or sparkly lip colors are permitted.
- Base make-up one shade lighter than skin tone color.
- Light peach or pink blush.
- Contour shade should be bronze or brownish/peach
- Eye shadow should be pink, peach, or brown in matte color – no sparkly eye shadow permitted.
- Brown or black mascara and eyeliner.
- False eyelashes are optional for older dancers only.
- All shoes should be new and/or clean. No holes or discolorations in the shoes.
- All tights should be new and/or clean. At least 3 pairs of Capezio Style 9 or 9C tights in pink if applicable; at least two pair of Capezio Hold & Stretch Tights in suntan if applicable. No runs or snags in the tights. Tights are available for purchase at the studio.
- No underwear should be worn under costumes. Nude leotard must be worn underneath at all times.
- All costumes should be sewn securely so no straps are loose, no pants are too long and no costume is too large.
- Absolutely no jewelry permitted on stage at both the dress rehearsals and the performances. This includes earrings, rings, necklaces and bracelets. This applies unless otherwise noted on our website on the costume page.