Ballet Meets Broadway 2018
Burlington Township Performing Arts Center
Burlington Township High School
610 FOUNTAIN AVENUE
BURLINGTON, NEW JERSEY 08016
Friday, June 15, 2017 Show Time: 6:00pm
Saturday, June 16, 2017 Show Time: 12:00pm
Wednesday June 13th for Big Ballet ONLY. Time: 4:00pm at Burlington Township High School
Thursday June 14th for Big Ballet AND all numbers. Time: 4:00pm at Burlington Township High School
SHOW LINEUPS: CLICK HERE TO ACCESS SHOW LINEUP SCHEDULE
PICTURE DAY: June 2nd 9:00am at DSDW Studio CLICK HERE TO SCHEDULE. Please come prepared with full costumes. There will be no make-up picture day.
ALL BEAUTY AND THE BEAST PERFORMERS: There will be added Big Ballet rehearsals on (Saturdays) May 5th, 12th, 19th, & June 2nd, 9th from 2:15 – 5:30pm. *This includes all in Ballet/Jazz Class levels 4 thru 8, Classical Ballet Workshops 1 thru 3, and all soloists.
T-SHIRTS: Our yearly DSDW “Ballet Meets Broadway” T-shirt with student body names on back. These shirts are available for purchase
via on-line ordering. Please note that the deadline to order is Saturday, May 5th.
PROGRAM BOOK ADS: This year we are holding a competition for program book ads. The student to sell the most program book ads will receive $100 worth of class credits. These ads can be personal and/or business. Let your dancer know how special he/she is by placing an ad in our program book. Your order should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy (CC) to email@example.com. Payment should be made to the studio with checks made payable to Debra Sparks. DEADLINE: June 1st. NO LATE SUBMISSIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED!
TICKET SALES: Tickets go on sale Sunday, May 13th. The website opens at 9:00 am. Please check the show line-up to make sure you order the
correct performance. The link to order your recital tickets is on-line and the show line-up will be provided shortly.
**FINAL TUITION PAYMENT FOR MAY, 1/2 TUITION PAYMENT FOR JUNE AND ALL OUTSTANDING FEES MUST BE PAID IN FULL BEFORE TICKETS ARE DISTRIBUTED**
The Media Fee of $53 entitles you to a download of both shows and one DVD of your choice. Please use the attached form
to choose either the Friday or the Saturday show. You can also use this form to order additional DVDs at a cost of $20 each.
We will once again have flowers available for your special dancer. Favoroso Floral Design has worked with our studio for
many years. You can pre-order Flower bouquets and Treat bouquets. Your order will be waiting for your pickup at the
performance of your choice. DEADLINE: Sunday, May 20th.
Moms and Dads, we need your help! Please do not forget to turn in your volunteer sheets which are attached. Volunteers
will get early access to ticket sales this year as a thank you for your time! Volunteers will also have to submit to a
background check. Please use the following links:
Criminal Record Check – go to https://epatch.state.pa.us
Click on Submit a New Record Check and process. At the end, click on Certification, print out the certificate and send to the
studio. This is FREE for volunteers.
Pennsylvania Child Abuse Clearance – go to https://www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis/public/home
Before beginning online, be sure you have all addresses and people you lived with since 1975. Print certificate and send to the
studio. This is FREE for volunteers.
Please make sure all headpieces are properly secured.
- The big ballet will rehearse during both dress rehearsals.
- Absolutely no food or drink is allowed in the auditorium at any time.
- No videos or photos allowed in the auditorium at any time.
- During the performances, volunteer chaperones will be backstage in all rooms and will take care of the dancers and prepare them for the numbers so you can enjoy the show. During rehearsals, this is the parent’s responsibility.
- Kindly keep quiet in the auditorium, including cell phone calls and opening wrappers.
- Dancers are welcome to stay and watch the numbers, as long as they’re supervised.
- The dress rehearsal schedule is completely different from the show lineup.
- Every dancer is expected to attend performances as scheduled.
- Please arrive 45 minutes early.
- Please stay until the Grande Finale has ended.
- Hair and makeup requirements need to be followed.
- During the performances, volunteer chaperones will be backstage in all rooms. Their responsibility is to take care of the dancers and prepare them for the numbers. Chaperones will arrange fun group activities.
- No one is permitted backstage at any time, unless you are a volunteer chaperone at the same performance. This ensures the safety of our children.
- Parents should drop off and pick up their dancers to the assigned chaperone. More information will be available regarding chaperones, dancers’ safety, and parents.
- Items will be available for sale at each performance.
- All children are to wear their hair in a secured bun located on top of the head at the back. The hair may be braided and made into the bun if you choose. You must have many hairnets.
- Lots of mousse and hair spray is required to insure no wispy or fly away ends.
- The bun should be secured with lots of bobby pins/hair pins and multiple hair nets so that there are no stray ends. The hair and the bun should not move during the entire show when removing and replacing headpieces.
- All headpieces must be secured with bobby pins/hair pins, barrettes and/or hair clips.
- No bangs permitted.
- Bright red lipstick unless the costume includes pink… then bright pink lipstick.
**younger dancers may choose to wear lighter colors but keep in mind that our stage lighting is professional**
No shiny, glossy or sparkly lip colors are permitted.
- Base make-up one shade lighter than skin tone color.
- Light peach or pink blush.
- Contour shade should be bronze or brownish/peach
- Eye shadow should be pink, peach, or brown in matte color – no sparkly eye shadow permitted.
- Brown or black mascara and eyeliner.
- False eyelashes are optional for older dancers only.
- All shoes should be new and/or clean. No holes or discolorations in the shoes.
- All tights should be new and/or clean.
- No underwear should be worn under costumes. Nude leotard must be worn underneath at all times.
- All costumes should be sewn securely so no straps are loose, no pants are too long and no costume is too large.
- Absolutely no jewelry permitted on stage at both the dress rehearsals and the performances. This includes earrings, rings, necklaces and bracelets. This applies unless otherwise noted on our website on the costume page.