- All students will come prepared to take a class in the proper dance wear, with hair in a secured bun (please see dress code).
- There will be no chewing gum in the studio at any time. Water can be brought into class or purchased at the studio. No other beverages are allowed.
- We are a drop off/pick up facility. There is no parking permitted in front of the orange cones. This is for the safety of our children.
- Students are asked to call in all absences. THERE WILL BE NO REFUND, CREDIT, OR MAKE-UPS FOR MISSED CLASSES.
- Attendance at all dress rehearsals and performances is mandatory for all students. All students will perform in our annual June recital. Further, all students are required to perform through “The Grand Finale.” No parent is permitted to gather dancers’ belongings during the recital. If a student is not available for the entire performance, that student will not be permitted to perform.
- No videotaping or flash photography at dress rehearsals or performances.
- Permission for the use of your dancer’s photos/videos is assumed unless otherwise noted in writing.
- Hair must be pulled up and away from face in a secure bun at all times unless noted otherwise.
**Dress code and hair requirement is strictly enforced**
- Princess Ballet, Princess Ballet & All That Jazz, Little Rock Stars, Broadway Bound, B/J 1: Light pink leotard, pink tights (Capezio 9C or Balera T90 C)), pink canvas split-sole ballet shoes.
- Glee: Leotard of choice with pink tights. Ballet and jazz shoes.
- Junior & Senior Team Workshops: Red leotard with pink tights.
- Ballet Workshops, Master Ballet & Contemporary Ballet: Any color leotard. Pink convertible tights (Capezio 9 or 9C), pink canvas split-sole ballet shoes and/or pointe shoes.
- Contemporary, Competitive Jazz, Jazz/Funk, Jump/Turn, Lyrical, Contemporary Lyrical, Musical Theater Jazz, Tap, Street Tap: Leotard of your choice, tights in tan, pink, or black. Tap shoes: black split-sole, Oxford type. Jazz/lyrical shoes: tan split-sole leather jazz shoe and/or tan canvas half shoe. Contemporary: foot undies or no shoes.
- All Other Ballet/Jazz Classes: Black leotard, pink tights (Capezio style 9 or 9C), pink ballet shoes.
- Pointe Classes: Any color leotard, Capezio style 9 or 9C tights, pink pointe shoes.
- Hip Hop, Acrobatic, Mommy & Me Moms, & Adult Classes: Appropriate casual attire (loose fitting pants/shorts, tee shirt/sweatshirt & sneakers, etc.) Hair in bun or ponytail.
- Barre: Appropriate casual attire. Yoga pants or leggings recommended; no shorts. No shoes. Studio socks/ballet shoes recommended but not required.
Tuition and Fees
Tuition is due in full for each month, September through May, regardless of the length of the month or the number of classes that meet. June is often prorated based on our recital date. Tuition is due the first week of each month.
A late fee of $10.00 will apply for any tuition received after the first week of the month. Returned checks will incur a fee of $30.00.
We accept cash and checks only. All checks should be made payable to: Debra Sparks Dance Works, LLC or Debra Sparks.
The studio will be closed when public schools are closed due to inclement weather. Please refer to Council Rock School District information for snow closing. There are no make-up classes or refunds for inclement weather days.
A costume deposit of $50.00 per costume is due on later than October 9th. Costume balances are due prior to Winter Break, no later than December 4th. There are no refunds for costume deposits for any reason.
The DSDW Vision
Ms. Debra’s goal remains as it began in 1984: to teach young, talented children the wonderful art of ballet and dance, to encourage their growth in self-esteem with pride in their accomplishments, and—above all—to instill in them the “love of dance!”